Friday, March 28, 2008

Anti-Torture Blog Day

Any torture done in the name of the American government is a bad idea.

Only people who hate America would think torture was acceptable.

Only people completely unfamiliar with the Constitution would think it was a good idea.

It's common for the right wing to jump in and jabber on about how torture "keeps us safe." Right. If we're so safe, why are airports basically armed camps? Why are our borders being sealed against mostly economic refugees? Why are we bankrupting our country, both morally and economically?

If I have time tomorrow, I hope to go to the anti-war rally over in Oakland. I don't know if I'll be able to, but I'm going to try pretty damned hard.

During the Bush administration, I haven't been ashamed to be an American, as much as I've been ashamed that Bush, Cheney and their pals represent our country worldwide, and in the most negative fashion imaginable.