I probably won't get to walk tomorrow, though I may wind up doing some shoveling, so here's my walking(mostly)/kayaking(a little) stats for 2012:
- 600.5 miles
- 352 workouts
- 227 hours walking/kayaking
- 61,843 calories burned
And I do recommend mapmywalk.com for tracking your waling/running/biking distance statistics.
I have been, very informally, participating in an activity called "Walk to Rivendell," where a group of Lord of the Rings fans have calculated distances in Middle Earth. I walked at least 700 miles between 2003 and 2011, and 600 miles this year, for 1300 miles total. That's 9 miles short of Rauros (the end of Fellowship of the Ring).
My goals for 2013:
- 800 miles (1,000 if still unemployed) - use treadmill more in bad weather
- start adding some weight training and XBox workouts
- try to learn a little yoga (have a book that says it MIGHT help with insomnia)
- do more kayaking
- walk on the Montour Trail - we've done about 5 miles of it in years past, but should do more. Maybe try to do more good weather weekends and attempt to do 20 miles over the next year
- eat more spinach and fewer carbs and meat
Weightwise, I wound up loosing about 10 total pounds...but I had lost 20 and regained 10 over the fall. Ug. Main issue seemed to be when I stopped taking Ambien back in September, I started craving carbs again something fierce. Also, a bunch of travel, depressing life events, etc which tends to make me eat more. However, over the next six weeks, we won't be traveling and I should be able to get my eating back under better control. If I start to lose weight over the winter (and I never lose weight over the winter), that would be a very good sign indeed.