The Republicans are still pretending that they lost many of the 2012 elections, especially on the federal level, because they were not conservative enough.
Since they don't like dealing with facts, they are ignoring both the vote and many exit polls that indicated the following facts:
- Voters believe in keeping abortion legal - roughly 60% in favor
- Voters want improved rights to health care by implementing Obamacare
- Voters don't believe that women magical powers over their bodies, like mystically becoming non-pregnant if they become pregnant as the result of a rape
- Voters believe people shouldn't be subject to different laws because they are gay
- Voters believe the rich should pay more in taxes
- In many areas, voters will vote for candidates without worrying about their race or gender
I heard the Republicans complaining over these issues time and time again yesterday.
The Republicans lost the big elections because they are completely out-of-touch with the average American. Yes, they do have very vocal supporters, there's no doubt about that. But most Republican politicians cannot relate to people who do not share their regressive views.
Even now, the Republicans are still playing the "we can't increase taxes" card. This is bull. Grover Norquist and his famous "no new taxes" pledge is crippling this country, threatening to send it over the famous fiscal cliff at the end of December. An awful lot of our hideous national debt is due to Bush, Cheney and Norquist, but to hear the Republicans talk, it's all the Democrats' fault.
Reality check - when was the last time we didn't have a high federal debt?
Under President Clinton, a Democrat.