Tuesday, April 22, 2003

A Letter to Rick Santorum

Yes, he's (gulp) my senator. In fact, he grew up about three miles from where I live now, a fact that does not surprise me at all, given the regressive politics of many people in Mount Lebanon.

Here's a letter I wrote to him today:


If you can't comprehend the difference between consensual sex between adults and incest, many other Americans can. Hopefully, they will remember that the next time you are up for re-election. I know I will, and deeply resent your intrusion into American's bedrooms. I continue to be deeply ashamed of your "representation" of Pennsylvania. Your attitudes epitomize the old slogan "Pennsylvania has Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with Alabama in the middle."

Your views are much more in touch with the religious leadership of progressive countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran. Have you considered moving?